Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ok, Stone Me

I spent a very hmmmm...interesting day with Drew. He was unhappy in his relationship and bitching about his girlfriend half the time. It was amusing to me; I mean it's always amusing to listen to friends bitch and hear about their problems AND views. Anyway, I am liberal as hell but this post may offend some people of a certain faith. I dunno, be pissed or whatever but please remember, at the end of the day, this is just a conversation between 2 bored as hell, silly friends.

Drew: My girlfriend does not believe in Evolution. -__-
Me: Ohhhhh.....she is a....... Christian huh?
Drew: Yeah. It's weird. You can show her a fossil bone and she would miraculously look through it. Nada, it doesn't exist. Human beings just suddenly appeared. Thanks to the almight power of God.
Me: I'm curious how Charles Darwin got through his Life without being stoned.
Drew: The other day, I was at her place and she got severely criticized by her mum. And then she started to cry. Her sister went up to her, brought out a bible and told her to read it together. Preaching that if Job could go through all the hardships blah blah, then you should have faith. And then she nodded and left. WTF. Isn't it easier to go to her sister and give her a hug??
Me: Heh. Amusing stuff.
Drew: I can't take it anymore. And she is so after me because I am not thinking to convert. And if we have children, she says the children MUST be Christians. (Drew starts to shake his head) Guess I will be the only one condemned to Hell then. My wife and kids will all go to Heaven. I will be sooooo lonely.
Me: It's ok. I will probably end up in Hell too. My JC friend, HY already said I am satanic.
Drew: Hahaha she did?! Ya lor. See, imagine me playing with my kids. "Come boy, come. Play with your satanic father."
Me: LOL!!
Drew: :(

Don't get me wrong, I believe in miracles and divine intervention. And am definitely not trying to be rude. To each his own ya? It's just odd to me how some people conveniently look over Evolution....I mean, come on, are you saying Evolution actually makes less sense than Adam and Eve????? *shrugs*

To less controversial stuff, I started on a new book by an Indian author, gave up within 30min. I still hate hate hate reading books by Indian authors. When I want to read good, intelligent and sensual prose, I will look for you. But it is irritating if it fills 500 pages. I know I bitched about this before but a good story does not necessarily mean you need to include a big word every 2 sentences. Arg. Same goes for complain letters, emails or resume with big words along with bad spelling and grammar. You can spot an idiot a mile away. Heh, anyway if you are smart, you are smart.

A Lady who tells people she is one, is not a Lady.

Get it?

*All names in my blog (not just this entry) are of course, not real. Except Steven's. HAHA.

1 comment:

BlurlyBellez said...

arghh...religions problems again... hate it..