Thursday, April 17, 2008

Day Out With Pixie

I had a very good day yesterday with my little pixie. She brought me to town to try face-threading. She has an aversion to hair on her body while I am the hairiest Asian girl alive. Threading HURTS ALOT!!!! It is amazing how one long, thin cotton thread could cause so much pain. Ok, it is bearable pain but I flinched alot. I never knew how hairy I was until yesterday. I told the Indian lady it was my FIRST TIME but she just smiled serenely at me and ushered me to the chair. Apparently she don't speak much English.



Ouch, ouch, ouch. I could have sensitive skin or it could be the shock of having too much hair plucked out at once. I ended up with huge, ugly red bumps on my face after that. I looked like I had many angry mosquitos bit me. (Don't say I didn't warn you.) But one day on, I feel like I have the smoothest skin ever. RocketJim is moustache-free today! Whoot~ Still, I don't know if I want to try it again...it's dirt cheap though. $18 for a full face. The Indian ladies know how to thread very very beautiful eyebrows though. I have Aishwarya Rai standard eyebrows now ok? *brags*


See the red, ugly bumps?


After the painful threading, little Pixie and I headed to East Coast with a new friend for some cycling. Man, I was panting like a dog after some time. I really have to learn to exercise more. It was lovely yesterday cuz the sun was down, the breeze were aplenty and no idiot couples admiring butterflies and swinging left and right. I love the cycling expedition! I am so grateful little pixie suggested it. Unfortunately my butt hurts alot today too. I don't think bicycle seats evolve alot...no wonder the marathon cyclists stand while cycling. Yesterday I learn how to stand while pedalling too. A feat considering the last time I cycled, I fell of 2 times. Maybe I am a natural genius who evolves fast. Heh.

As a reward, we went to Race Course road for an Indian dinner. It was sooooo good. Check this out:



So yummy. Garlic naan, chicken tikka masaka, briyani rice, prawn masala and just generally alot of good food. I left the restaurant a happy woman...albeit with a HUGE, hard stomach. Yum yum. Please check out Delhi Restaurant at Race Course road when you can. Tel: 62964585 The food is really really good! My 1.5 hours of cycling went down the drain when the food came.

After dinner, we were all hit by pangs of guilt so we decided to head to Labrador Park for a loooooong walk. My stomach deflated abit after that so it's all good. I saw down with little Pixie and her funny Scorpio friend and talked the night away. Nice. I had a really good time.



Please save above pic. It is me sans makeup (VERY RARE) and pale as hell. Don't think I will post such pictures again. Haha. See lah, when you don't exercise, you just look all pale and washed out.

Remember to workout, kids. And thank you little Pixie! I had a GREAT time. *muacks*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

with or without makeup, you still look pretty!

- junny

lostjade said...

yeah man u look great without makeup! i heard moustache is a turn on for some guys though...

Mrs Hanashima said...

I swear I wasnt fishing for compliments. Haha. Anyway please jio me out for cycling people!! I am addicted.

Raine said...

hey babe, so glad that you enjoyed the cycling session! gosh, sorry for the threading 'surprises', don't worry, they won't appear if u thread often! missing ya!have a great time in jfk!

moinllieon said...

Cycling is good, and you've always looked good without makeup. In fact, I don't think you'll get anybody to talk you out of cycling. It's just that damn healthy.

Now... what the heck is threading? The crazy things that women put themselves through...

Anonymous said...

You should join me & Emo cycling sometimes. =)

-Miss B