I am still reeling in wonder. I have finally set foot onto Staten Island and witnessed the Statue of Liberty. I thought it wasn't that incredible architectural wise but it is nonetheless a world renowned site and I can't believe how lucky I am to travel to all these places for free. Travelling to Staten Island isn't free per se lah ($13 ferry ride and those buskers who cheat your money etc) but the trip to New Yawk is. Sometimes I can't believe my luck joining an airline company and visiting these places. Wow...I was sitting by some stone slabs and enjoying the breeze with Miss Liberty behind me. RocketJim is grateful! Really, the next time some jackass asked me for some Milo I am still gonna forgive him/her. Afterall, I did fly free.
Unfortunately, although I am a highly intellectual being, I forgot to allocate some cranium space to remember to bring my camera. Hence I have no pictures to share. I have to wait for a friend to upload the pictures. Anyway, I have a sneak preview for you readers:

Voila! Miss Liberty. She looks grumpy because it was a hot day.
I also had very GOOD Korean food this time in New Yawk. It came in a sizzling earthern pot...a mixture of rice, sweet pork slices and kimchi. Thinking about it makes me salivate. It was really divine, where do I find something like that here?? I am hooked and it really was good. Everytime I ate a spoonful I had to do a victory dance. My classgirl was so amused she kept laughing. You have to give good food its due. Pictures next time! Awwwwwwwww it was delicious.
*Note to self* Remember September 16 and 17 2006.
Next stop: Soho and Harlem!
No comments:
Post a Comment