Wednesday, July 05, 2006

One Long Flight

My head is spinning and I feel like life is slowly draining from my limbs. Shan was right when she said this job makes you fall ill more often. What's worse is that because you become paranoid about abandoning flights and its consequences, Panadol becomes your best friend. Anyway I am just glad I made it back to Singapore early this morning; 5 full days of rest ahead of me! Thank Buddha!

Although it was extremely tiring, the flight back to Tokyo from NYC was great fun because I picked up some Portuguese from my Brazilian passengers. This pretty inspired me to pick up Spanish so that I can communicate with June too (due to copyright reasons, I have decided to spell it as JUN-E from now *sheepish look at Junny J-U-N*). My Brazilian colleague advised that Spanish is more useful than Portuguese anyway, plus Spanish men are hotter. Heh heh alright! There was a football match between France and Brazil that day...1st July? The French were seated at the Business Class while a 100 odd Brazilians where seated at the Economy...thank goodness they were separated. You can't imagine the anguish displayed when Brazil lost. I was shellshocked too since France pretty much sucked over the years. I guess they got better at football when they got more black guys. Hahahahaha see? Black guys ARE good.

So anyway, there was these 2 male passengers who kept talking to me in Portuguese. Either I acted very well or I looked like a very intellectual linguist because they didn't stop. Whatever it is, I came away learning many new words, oh joy. My priority was learning how to say 'juice', 'apple' and 'orange'. Hahahaha! My job what. I figured it was easier and friendlier if I use their language than shout at them like how some colleagues did. It isn't their fault if they didn't know English...and it is not like your country speaks English damn well anyway! *hint hint*

After the intellectual highpoint of picking up new foreign words, I was unfortunately stuck in banal conversations during dinner. I am not saying most flight attendants are dumb/evil but these things get thrown to you time to time...things that make me go quiet and eat my food very quickly.

Optimist: Ooooo soybean drinks! I'm gonna like buy 1.5 litres of that!
RJ: Can you finish so much in 1 day??
Optimist: Nevermind lah, I hear they make breasts bigger so I try to drink them everyday. If you drink papaya milk, even better!

I don't want to burst her bubble but if that really happens, I guess there won't be A cups walking around innit?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Gosssip Queen: Eh, don't say I say this but I heard blah blah blah...

*collective gasp around table*

Gossip Queen: *triumphant look* See? Told you. I mean, come on lah. With HER look?!

Vainpot: Aiyah my hair is sooooo frizzy. I hate the dry weather!
Follower: No ar, your hair is soo shiny and straight. So nice!
Vainpot: Nooooooooo it's so frizzy! Arg, my mood is ruined lah, I want to go back to the hotel already.

If her hair is frizzy, my triple split ends are catastrophic. Hahaha like Ricky puts it...I guess she is SO fishing for compliments. If a lizard would to fall onto her head, the poor creature would slide right off. Doesn't matter if it has slime/suction pads on the limbs and belly.

And the winner that still makes me laugh today:

Diet Princess: I need to lose weight. So fat. So sad. Diet dinner time!

Diet Princess came back with a tray of MacDonalds Nuggets Set Meal. Ok ok, to her credit, she didn't finish her fries so she really IS making an effort.

Ahahahahahahaha yah, I am so mean!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hidoi. (^_^;)

-Take

Anonymous said...

i love those stories! hahahha.. u can write a book!

btw, i watched king and the clown. charming!! lee junki is very pretty!

cherry

Anonymous said...

Obrigada! Hehehe, thank you for acknowledging copyright, I wish Matsumoto Jun would too!!!

- junny

Anonymous said...

hahah, u entries crack me up like no other!

have a safe flight maaaaaaaaaaay.

imu ;)

Anonymous said...

whoops forget to include my name, anon with the imu is....

none other than Shawn.

me:P