Oral Care
I visted my dentist earlier this evening and he told me this interesting nugget: Many people develop cavities because they brush too hard; it's not that they ate too much sugary food. Boy, was I surprised since it's almost common knowledge that the harder one brushes, the cleaner one's teeth become...no? Apparently not! I finally understand why those AquaFresh toothbrush commercials insist that their brushes can't bruise tomatoes. Dr Dentist says we use fluoride everyday and we aren't in the dark ages anymore so quit brushing so hard. BUT he added he doesn't mind since he earns money filling cavities. Bwahahahaha! (Quoting Dr. Dentist)
Q: What about my Oral B electric toothbrushes? Do they brush too hard?
Don't worry, I did ask Dr. Dentist and he said they are fine. Problem is the brush head is rotating in situ so the users have to learn a new way of brushing or they will keep missing the plaque or tartar. And what is the new way of brushing? I dunno...please ask your friendly neighborhood dentist. Ha!
Interesting nugget #2: To reach the teeth at the end of the mouth, brush with your mouth closed. When you open it, you stretch your cheek muscles and hence, you miss the teeth...finally causing tooth decay.
Q: Is your Dentist handsome?
A: Unfortunately no. =(
Finally, I want to apologise to Mindy because I keep rejecting your plans for weekend adventures! It's not that I don't want to go, my nature of work is such that I have no fixed off days. So sorry!!
4 comments:
Very educational. Hehehe. Next time, get a handsome dentist la.
lepra
just realised that there's a comment function now! good improvement!
no problem babe, just that you will be missing out coz im treating this saturday!
Mindy
pls chk ur bravenet guestbook
oops. the above msg was posted by me.
lepra
Post a Comment