Tuesday, March 30, 2010

5 Weeks to the Wedding...


Wished my wedding pictures look like this. Vogue June 2003. Annie Leibovitz

Loverboy and I got plenty of things done on Sunday. We couldn't believe it but it was the single MOSTEST productive-EST day of our lives. Poor guy hardly got any sleep during the weekend. He flew in from Ho Chin Minh about 10pm on Sat, 12 hours later we were at the bridal shop then on to the hotel to finalise details, then Art Friend at Takashimaya to buy pens, then to Joo Chiat to see our photographer's portfolio and then finally to Chinatown to see my mummy's evening gown. When we were bushed after dinner, we walked past Poh Heng at 9pm...and got 2 gold bangles in 15minutes. Loverboy was shocked. That is how the Cheong Family shops but we get to strike errands off our lists so all's good. At 11pm, we started to write the names of our guests and finally finish at 4am. 2 hours later, poor Loverboy has to catch a flight back to Jakarta. He snored about 50 times before he was woken up abruptly. Amazing what you can squeeze into 24hours.

If you ask me....preparing for a wedding is pretty hectic. But I guess at the end of the day, very fun. There isn't really anything nasty to do except posing for photos unnaturally and writing invites. I am really looking forward to it but at the same time, when the ceremony and banquet ends...it will be such a huge relief. No more follow-ups and huge bills. The thing about weddings? Everything you pay for is mainly 4 figured. Huge huge huge drain in your finances. I wish I didn't have so many fixed deposits to tie myself with so.....arg arg arg.

I'd love to wear the shiromuku but my mother's face cringed and I got the meaning. I think it looks so pure and graceful!

That'll be Loverboy and I!


Talking about brides though, I am as laidback as they come. I don't really see the point to scrutinising every detail. I am not totally 'bochap' however. I know what I want but I won't be nasty if I don't get it. I know what kind of dresses look good on me, I know what kind of photos I like or what kind of table settings etc. But I don't scour the internet or 16346 magazine titles, cut the pictures and glue it on a "My Dream Wedding" scrapbook and carry it everyday. I don't know why some couples are so demanding but to each their own. I mean, I figured no matter how sticky or laidback a couple is, they STILL get married eventually. I mean, look at our parents or grandparents. They didn't have live bands or videographers or posh hotel banquets etc. and so no big deal ya? They still got married. Conflicts though, are bound to happen.

Man...I feel like a cash cow in this day and age, all ready and riped to be milked.

The other day, a friend of mine asked me what made me choose Loverboy and said yes to him? What made me decide that he was the one I should marry? That was a good question. I can't speak for other people but for me, I compared him to my ex boyfriends. I am not sure if the answer was disappointing to him...... but I guess that's logical. (I believe 'logical' isn't something one should affix to a relationship though. The word should be 'magical') But yeah...when you meet enough men, you kinda know what you want and do not one. Loverboy is an accumulation of 3 lifetimes' worth of good karma. He is forgiving, generous and so patient with me. He has never raised his voice at me. So to answer all curious people there, not all Japanese men are MCPs. And I believe that was what made me said 'yes'. He is easy to love and easier to live with. If he doesn't eat so much and keep invading my share, he will be PERFECT. But you know, you can't get everything in Life.



So anyway we made a huge progress in the preparations. We secured a photographer we really love and very last minute too. Truth is, we are both clueless and I happily thought booking one 6 weeks before a wedding is totally ok (considering we started planning in December). Our photographer laughed and said most book 9 months ahead. I guess we were very lucky! I would be really disappointed if he wasn't available but I didn't know Singaporeans were soooo kiasu. I'm really happy with him and I hope he captures many magical pictures on 9th May. (Btw, the above is a sample of his work. I love chopped bodies.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you're going to have a great wedding! the gowns look gorgeous and very elegant.

- junny

tiantian said...

May chan, looking forward to attend yr wedding! Nice pic u have, I love it! :) You'll definately be the most gorgeous bride! Lovelove! :*