SINGAPOREANS AR!!!
I am very pissed.
I was being called 'aunty'.
By a man who looks like an SDU reject.
Ok, I do vaguely remember I was being called 'aunty' before and I also blogged about it. I can call myself aunty but other people cannot ok!!! Especially by SDU rejects and men older than me. I am more exasperated at the FANTASTIC array of vocabulary Singaporeans possess to call a female stranger...than being really angry.
I was enjoying an ice-cream at Liang Court with Loverboy over the weekend. Tons of kids running around and screaming. There was this particular little boy with a balloon in his hand who was running and bumping into tables and strangers alot. He was pretty cute to me UNTIL his uncle/dad/some shit called him over.
"Oy, stop running. Ar see see?? After you fall down ar. Ar see, that aunty laughing at you."
Bloody hell. What aunty???
I couldn't stop rolling my eyes at his eloquence. Singaporeans and their penchant for auntys and uncles. Hello? Cannot say 'Jie Jie' or 'Lady over there' is it?
Maybe it is just me. I am very anal when it comes to things like this. I don't even call the taxi driver 'uncle' unless he is obviously one (Serious! Cross my heart :P). That is, to me with alot of grey hair and has tons of wrinkles and more than 55 years old. I really don't. I will look at the driver's license and then call him Mr Tan or Mr Lee or whatever his name is IF he is obviously not under the 'uncle' category to me.
With females, I call them Xiaojie or Laoban-niang (Lady boss) or M'dm. So polite right? I think so too! Haha. Seriously man, get creative lah!
Aunty my foot, sia.
One more thing....today, a chao ah lian pushed past me at Tanah Merah station to rush for a seat in the train. When the train came, suddenly many little people appeared in front of me POOF!!. The doors opened and a war for the seats ensued.
I relaked one corner, rolled my eyes and started to daydream about the better life in Jakarta.
No comments:
Post a Comment