Last night was pretty out of the world. What did you know? I became the 'Accidental Clubber' again and had a friend led me an 'intimate' guide around Orchard Towers.
Early evening, I met with Emo for dinner at Santouka Ramen @ Central Mall. So good. We sorta died and went to heaven relishing every mouthful of noodles. And then we crashed right back to Hell after dinner because we were so full and heavy. (Regina, you have to join us again soon k! Not in Hell lah but at Santouka ha!)
Photo Credit: AromaCookeryDon't waste time when you are there. Order the Tokusen Toroniku Ramen ($18 a bowl). I personally prefer the shoyu (soy sauce) flavour although the salt flavour is the most popular one. So good lah...soft, tender pork cheeks, springy noodles and oh-so-salty soup broth. Love it.
After the sinful noodles, Emo and I walked to Liang Court criticisng everything and everyone who crossed (and did not cross) our paths. LOL. Basket, Emo YOU ARE SO BITCHY. Tsk tsk. I mainly just listened.

Thereafter, I met Mike and Nishi at Chjimes. I really enjoyed myself at Baroque until they played Queen's Bohemian Rapshody. It is a very creepy song isn't it? I didn't know what the band were singing until it came to that weird 'Galileo! Galileo! Figaro~I is a poor boy' part. I think it is a nerd anthem. Anyway Mike was appalled I didn't know Queen (btw Mike is twice my age) and was suddenly and very regrettably reminded of his age. I am sorry to confess I only know my Timbaland and Kanye Wests. Next we hopped to Insomnia to dance alittle to ABBA. I didn't...really like Insomnia though...Nishi and I felt a wee bit uncomfortable. It was just mainly Caucasians and Filipinas. I felt like I was at Lucky Plaza and Nishi felt he was in Roppongi.
I don't know how but after a blur of a conversation 20minutes later, I suddenly landed at Orchard Towers. Again, Mike was appalled I haven't been to Orchard Towers before. (I go there for what??) Orchard Towers is one of the most intimidating places ever for a Chinese female. At the entrance of the shopping centre, I was already scrutinized by a couple of ladyboys/trannies. What to do? Look down and walk fast lor. Nishi was laughing at me half the time.
Thus, at 1.30am, RocketJim begain plub-hopping (club cum bar) in Orchard Towers.
Surreal, sia~ Mike said the first couple of levels were 'lower class' but it gets better as you progress up the escalators. I didn't believe I was in Singapore when I was in the shopping centre. I haven't been to Manila before...but Mike said it was close. Orchard Towers is already wayyyy better. *gulps* The first few plubs were like those fishbowl mmmm places in Bangkok and Amsterdam. Hookers (as Nishi called them!!) were everywhere and sitting around waiting to be picked up. The more aggressive ones will pounce on my friends within a minute. Nishi was very popular because he is young and good-looking; Mike less so probably because I was in his way LOL and me? I think the ladies there were wondering if I was a ladyboy myself. *weeps*
The next 20minutes was spent zipping in and out of the various bars and clubs. I came to a one called Top5 and I thought it was AMAZING. The sound system was good, it was pretty spacious and there were poledances! Oh wow poles and poledances! It was very weird for me though because I don't know where to look. I got stares half the time because men were wondering WTF I was doing there. (I myself, was wondering WTF Chinese bankers were doing there.) We 3 plonked ourselves at a table and the lady at the pole started to look a bit uncomfortable (she started thugging at her panties). I really don't know where to look mah, so look up at her butt lah. Luckily Nishi dsitracted her. Mike started chuckling and said I should learn a few moves to make someONE a very lucky man.
Are you for real??? I can already do better than all those dancers up there. Bwahahahaha~

But seriously, I think it might be a great place for some private birthday or hen-night parties.
We ended the night at Ipanema switching between a live band and a Thai band. Both were pretty good. I enjoyed myself alot but I couldn't help feeling like a sore thumb the whole night. Thank god Nishi started falling asleep so I could give Mike the 'space' to meet some mmmm...nice girls.
Mike: Every man in Singapore KNOWS Orchard Towers.
Hmmmmmmm a good point to ponder. Oh wow, someone's so gonna get grilled soon. Why do men go Orchard Towers? Really? They dig those girls there??
Anyway RocketJim will be going back!
No comments:
Post a Comment