Monday, April 14, 2008

I PLEDGE TO SWTICH OFF MY PHONE MORE OFTEN

Half the time, I don't think I know what I want to do with my time. Most of the time, I want to be left alone. But I cannot be alone because that will be rude. At the back of my head, I understand I need to meet people regularly to maintain friendships yet I don't like to have to answer to people. It's terrible really, keeps me with a dilemma half the time. I have many great friends but I don't have enough time to meet all of them. Heck, I don't even have enough energy. I am tired all the time and it further irritates me when I NEED to rest but keep getting smses on the phone that obligates me to step out of the house. Ok I know I am boring as hell always talking about men (yes, this might again turn out into a semi-man rant), but I am feeling irritated because.....there are dates I can't be bothered with but I am stuck with enough who don't understand 'no'. And these stupid dates cut into my time with my girlfriends, myself, family and REST. There are platonic relationships dammit!! I hate having to feel guilty or obligated for no reason.

I don't know what it is with men and their 'never say die' attitude. Seriously, sometimes just get the picture and disappear. If a female rejects you and don't offer an alternative date, she ain't into you. She ISN'T PLAYING HARD TO GET lah. Argggggg, all these new Steven's Evil Spawn. Touchwood.

As an aside, Empress Boodiboo commented that Singaporean men are pretty lame in general. They enjoy sending those lame-ass texts that go "Hey, good morning!" or "Hey how are you? Had lunch? Sianz here at work." or "Good night, sweet dreams." So true. Frankly, neither Boodiboo or me gives a damn if you are 'sianz' at work. How do one even reply such a....lame text? It's so decadent wasting money replying a "Sweet dreams to you too." But for men we like love reading this, we pledge to return your sms always. Wholeheartedly.

Anyway back to me. My time zone isn't Asian, it's more....Jamaican maybe. It is very difficult for me to keep times to the exact minute. I roughly keep to 3 main timings: Morning, Afternoon, Night. I guess I just have way too much time so I lack discipline in this respect. I blame it on astrology. I appear as and when Fate dictates we should meet....give and take 2 hours. Sorry lah.

On saturday, when I did decide to step out of the house and be open to adventures, I had a great time with Emo & Miss B. Basket, I have such talented and varied friends. Never thought I would be chilling with soon-to-be world famous photographers in a little shophouse in Haji Lane. Emo lagi better. I was reminded that if I piss her off, I would have to face the brunt of Burma's military. Hehe. Then again Miss B's headhunting (the cannibalistic kind, not corporate kind hor) lineage might be worse.

My pictures cannot be uploaded anytime soon. Unfortunately the pretty pics I took are in my senior's camera and she is the extinct type that still go develop her pictures instead of allowing her photos to languish and die in her digital camera for days forever more.

Need to sleep. Getting random.

*I am VERY popular with men. You know why? Cuz I have a sticker on my forehead that says "Dunno how to say 'no'."

** No no, Nani you don't look like a giraffe. I am saying you have a ballerina's neck. And most ballerinas look like Ilamas. HAR HAR.

No comments: