For 2007's scorching summer, JAL started a 'Family Smile Campaign'. Of its many freebies, this is one of my personal favourites:

A plastic fan too big to fit into most bags. But at least, it's pretty useful when the temperatures in East Japan can go up to 41 degrees. I really like it. I think it's very cute and cheerful looking.


There are tons for campaigns going on in JAL anytime. In fact, the Japanese love campaigns. For every ONE campaign in Singapore, there are probably 20 in Japan. Personally, I don't see what the difference is. For JAL's various campaigns, I just go on doing my job and providing excellent Japanese hospitality. It bothers me though, when they keep putting different animal heads on our uniforms to make us 'cute'. (see above pic of fan) It's very creepy.
A little time ago, there was this 'Gentle Rabbit Campaign' started by a small sector of Japanese attendants. I was flying to Saigon then and I joined that little sector. During the briefing, we were told to be 'rabbits'.
Japanese Attendant: Usagi-chan ni natte ittadakimasu.
Me: Whaaaa-t?
Senior: They told us to be rabbits.
Me: What do we do as rabbits??
Senior: *sniggers*
That was only one of the million things Japanese do to baffle the rest of the world....See, I was told to be a rabbit on my flight. What do rabbits do anyway? My friend's rabbits usually hide at the side of the cage and sleep. The more active ones would stare at the wall for hours. So do I hop around the flight? Or do I find random cute passengers and copulate like 'em rabbits?

No comments:
Post a Comment