Friday, September 08, 2006

南海キャンディーズ

There is this comedic duo I particularly favour from Japan and they are the Nankai Candies. I first caught them on a show that featured food from Osaka and immediately took a great liking to them. The duo consist of Yama chan (the dude with specs) and Shizu chan (the very shy female). I particularly love Shizu chan and if I ever bump into her on the streets, I want to give her a hug. A bigggggg hug that will take her breath away!



There are many many many comedic duos and groups on Japanese variety shows but I think the Nankai Candies are the least idiotic. I'm sorry to have to use such a strong language because some characters are really silly in Japanese tv. Many like to scream in strong masculine language, some cross dress for a living and even more love to hit each other on the head...which I particularly detest. The head is sacred! (Which reminds me...I have a friend who loves to poke people on the head and she does that to me time to time to remind me to pay attention. I am really tolerating that because she is a long time friend. One day I might just decide to bite her finger. Meow!)


Shizu chan and her Type


I am thoroughly enjoying a book I bought a couple of weeks back. It's written by an Italian journalist who had travelled across most parts of Asia. Highly insightful although his opinions might be a little harsh at times. Singapore used to get alot of his lubbing until we modernized. Japan suffocates him while Bangkok disappoints him. It's also very interesting to read about how he thinks the Chinese diaspora is slowly ruining many idyllic cultures in Burma,Indonesia, Malaysia and especially Thailand. It's usually the same figures I see: Chinese making a mere 2-7% of the local population but control more than 70% of the various economies. Hmmmmmmmmm...we are brought up and encouraged to be entrepreneurs. Had and will always be...very interesting. Chinese diasporas ruining the idyllic ways of Life and cultures, never really thought about that. Might go into it further next time. Today I kena-ed eye infection because I rubbed my eye with my dirty fingers. (>.<)

No comments: