With her heart beating extra fast, Rocketjim steps into the salon. She quickly scans the area and is somewhat relieved she didn't see THE familiar face. She talks to the receptionist quickly without looking up and is led to a chair. Safe!! Heart pounds again when she has to walk the length of the salon to wash her hair. Dammit! Hairwash went smoothly and she flew back to her seat. Safe!!
I have finally conquered my fear and decided to get a long-awaited haircut at Shunji Matsuo Salon. I don't care if that crazy hairstylist is still working there or not! I just want a good haircut. (>.<) My classgirl recommended her stylist but pity she was working only half a day. The receptionist asked me to come back the following day and I was so disappointed. I just want a haircut, dammit!! BUT I guess there is a silver lining under every dark cloud because when she saw my crestfallen face, she assigned a very cute Japanese stylist to me instead. Whoohoooooooooooo! He was very friendly (and cute) and talked ALOT. Interestingly, he is trying to get a PR status in Singapore...wow I was really stunned. I mean, yeah Singapore is great! Come on over but I am just stunned...and strangely so...this reminds me of a msn conversation with my Australian friend, Scott.
Me: I wanna go to Melbourne! Yay!
Scott: What? It's so boring here. Get out of here, go Sydney or something.
Me: Really?
Scott: Yes, you'll die of boredom here.
Mr Stylist loves the food here, the cheap transport costs and the huge houses he can afford to buy. He says back home, he could only afford to squeeze in a small room so it's great to be overseas. As usual, just a couple of months in Singapore, he has picked up Hokkien cuss words (still, he's cute). I am sure if I learnt French I will learn how to cuss first too. Anyway he gave me a nice cut though the length wasn't too different...he said it's a waste to cut such long hair. Am I supposed to argue with that?

I would definitely go back there again because I got my money's worth and it's so easy to manage now. The only negative thing about Shunji is that I still don't know if the irritating dude is still working there. SIGHHHHHH I guess I can deny my identity. May he be sent to more overseas working assignments!
Hmmm looks kinda like the same huh?Meeting Lisa tomorrow, Oh Joy! Can't wait~
2 comments:
Ok, he works at a salon, and talks alot. Hate to break it to ya honey, but he's not playing the same game you are playing.
Hahaha! Thanks for being such a sweetie ytd, May! Glad you managed to meet me and chatted with me while I did my hair :P The test in the morning burnt all my brain cells and the word "stewpid" never once crossed your mouth. Thats what gfs are for heehhe :-) Seeya again REAL soon!
Post a Comment