It was my longest working trip away ever; my little sister even commented just that my home suddenly became a hotel. Now I am depressed thinking about it but heck, it's not like I am going to stay in this profession for years (just don't let my boss know). Been an activity-filled week and I am beginning to appreciate the opportunities to see the world.
View of KL @ Sentral StationFirst stop: Kuala Lumpur. I might be a Singaporean but I have never been to KL. It was always some "car window scenery" because my dad would drive pass it to go to Genting Highlands. I stayed in a very posh hotel in KL (score!) and I wish I have many more opportunities to go back. After a great great great continental breakfast (Bwahahaha, only 15 ringgit!!) I went to explore the Mid-Valley shopping mall. It was one train station away, huge and pretty interesting...I mean, what got me really excited was that it was the first time I got to be among so many Malaysians. Malaysians outnumber Singaporeans 200 to 1...Haha!
It's springtime and I felt like splurging. I saw many pretty dresses but thank goodness I forgot my credit card in the hotel room. They weren't cheap anyway, about 249 ringgit (SGD$115) per skirt/dress. Basket, does anyone owe me birthday presents?!
Le Meridien Kuala LumpurI finally got my wish to eat an unhealthy American breakfast when I got to LA. My senior brought me to IHOP and we had alot of pancakes and eggs. I think I ate enough calories to last me 3 days. Argh.
Sausage & Cheese Omelette Breakfast SpecialMade a new Japanese friend in LA and her name is Watanabe...I kick myself forgetting to ask her if she is related to my favourite Watanabe. Oh, remember those Victoria Secrets panties I said I wanted to buy? I found them on sale (YAY!!) but sorry, no pictures.

View From The Narita Hotel
Back in Tokyo, this time I was given a room with a great view of the runway. I really should take more pictures of the airport and the various runways I see. I am still so fascinated by all the space...it must be great to work as a cargo staff in any airport.
Mr Beautiful Lips brought me to a new mall in Omotesando and it was REALLY packed. Apparently it was only a month old and according to some Japanese seniors, if it's new, you shall see the Japanese flocking there. It was beautiful architecture but once inside, I guess it was nothing much to shout about. Nobody was really shopping as everything was expensive. It might take several years before it does become a new fashion capital.
I got no pictures but this is what I got from its site. Omotesando HillsHad been a pretty interesting week. Hopefully it keeps up when I am back home!
No comments:
Post a Comment