Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hidden Agendas

RJ: Uncle, to City Hall MRT Station please.
Uncle: OK. Just now, the passenger was very worried. All the way from Ang Mo Kio! Her son was sick and she was in a rush to Punggol. Mother's love is so wei da (great).
RJ: Ok.
Uncle: Are you a foreigner?
RJ: No, I am a local.
Uncle: *starts retelling about controlling wives and girlfriends* Aiyo, cannot one! Women cannot be so fierce, the men hates it. Like those Vietnamese girls, so gentle and demure. We like. Even the chinese girls now cannot match. Vietnamese girls very gentle! Cannot control husbands, not good.
RJ: ....ok....
Uncle: *scrutinizes me through mirror* You are very soft.
RJ: Huh? Why do you say that?
Uncle: I can tell fortunes. You are a very good person. Very soft and ah! You tear very easily right? Right? I know.
RJ:...eh...how did you see that har?
Uncle: You are a very good person. You will make a gentle wife. Very good. Men like that. You are too soft. Sure kena bullied at work.
RJ: what the?????????....(whatever) Ya!!! But what to do, I am a junior. Sure arrowed to do work.
Uncle: You see?! I am correct. Sometimes must be more mean. Don't need to do their work.
RJ: But I can't stand laziness, they don't do I do lor. Doesn't matter.
Uncle: You have watery eyes. Ya, tear very easily.
RJ: *recalls Memoirs of Geisha* Wah, Uncle. You really used to tell fortunes?
Uncle: No but I was born with the ability. I like you, you are a very good person.

*reaches City Hall*...

Uncle:
Xiao Jie, can I be your friend? I really like you.
RJ: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep the change, thank you ar.

Waaa I wish I could show you my sister's face when she heard that story. Basket! Fortune telling my foot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha.

This sort of fortune-telling anyone can tell la. soooooo general.

-lepra

Anonymous said...

scary stuff!!!!! take care ah da dun wear short skirt to take cab ah hehe