Thou Shalt Always Concentrate
Ok, I had my first 2 theory lessons yesteday and it was raining cats and dogs. So suay. Luckily there weren't any lightning flashes or I would have given driving up. Sometimes when my brain works brilliantly, I CAN take subtle hints. Haha. When I reached my classroom, I was more surprised at the gender discrepancies; the ratio of men to women was about 3 to 1. Still, it is not that women don't drive. People who are learning how to ride motorcycles are required to attend the same lesson too and you don't find many women doing that. The first lesson was entertaining since the instructor was good at jokes. The second one...I did fall asleep for about 2 minutes but it's just me. It's against the Law of Nature if RocketJim doesn't sleep in lessons you know? (Rose: "Waaa~ This woman ar, I tell you, slept through A levels...literally.") Now I am in a semi-panick stage since I don't know if I missed anything important. Ironically, I distinctly remember that the instructor was talking about how dangerous it was to drive on an expressway in an auto car. It's so comfortable, drivers usually fall asleep and that a FEW seconds of shut eye can claim lives. I didn't sleep after that. Haha. The instructor also reminded us new students that we have to be very alert on the roads and let nothing distract us. As a conclusion to the lesson, he showed a clip taken from the PIE: There was a minor accident on the road and you see traffic streaming slowly. There was a motorist who came into the screen and we all saw him turning his head staring at the accident site. While the motorist infront of him merely GLANCED at the site, this unlucky dude was doing blatant staring. The whole class was holding our breath and we let out a collective gasp when the motorist finally turned to his front and rode right into the back of a stationary bus (which was part of the minor accident). I guess he didn't see the bus...He whammed into it; bounced and flew about a metre skywards before landing near the side of the bus unconsious (thank goodness it wasn't fatal or gruesome). At this point in time, half of the MALE students were laughing out loud and sniggering. M-E-N. But well...yeah it was kinda funny...since i admit, I laughed! So the instructor reminded us to not let anything distract us while driving. I think that video clip shall replay in my head for a looooong time.
Warning: Strong Language Below
Next, call me ancient or Mary Poppins but I have to say this again: I really hate it when people keep using 'Fuck' in their vocabulary. As usual, I am not a party inflicted the swear word by an angry friend but I always unwittingly come across this word when other people complain about some other people or when I read journals and blogs. Once in a while is ok since I understand that there are such things as ugly mannered other people or lousy days. It's not that I don't use it myself. Ok I really don't use the 'F' word; I combine it with an 'M'. Hehehehe. So I came across this 'most popular blog in Asia or Singapore' (no prizes for guessing which) and man, I am disgusted at the little girl's language. She should has soap as a dessert after every meal. Yeah she is bubbly and somewhat funny but I don't agree with her language. Yah lah, I am a goody two shoes but it's not nice when you add a swear word after every 3 words. With the number of people logging onto her blog everyday, I guess it's just a gesture for entertainment (enterTAINTment?) Anyway, I don't think it is funny when people use 'Fuck' in such context:
1. Her Boobs are so fucking big it fucking bounces in my face and make me puke!! Suay ar!! (unlucky) WAHAHAHAH!! She's so ugly, like a pig but always wear until so skimpy like a fucking Geylang girl. Doesn't she know she IS ugly?!
2. I love Janice, she's my bestest friend even though she is fucking chor lor (uncouth). What can I do without her.
3. Mr Lim is the worst Maths teacher ever! See his fucking buckteeth already buay song. (not happy) Heah heah heah!!! I wonder how he kisses his missus at night!
Mmm I think example 3 isn't too different from example 1 but it paints the picture. I never think it is funny to use the swear word as a super superlative to desribe someone or something. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth somehow. Is it funny? Not to me at least.
I know a blog is personal and most blog for themselves but who are you kidding? I think if you know thousands or millions of people are reading your blog, shouldn't one practise just a hint of decency? Hell, if I know an extra person is reading my blog, I shall make a mental note not to make fun of him or her in future. Of course it is just ME. (Michael Jackson: "I'm a lover, not a fighter.") If I know a million people read my blog, I'll brainwash them to send me money and start a cult. Not use swear words and be funny. Hahahahaha. Owned! Entertainment to me, is to be both funny and educational. For some people, making fun of others is better. I am not against it since I do enjoy Hollywood talkshows host poking fun at each other and celebrities. (Pssst...but they don't swear! Surprise surprise!)
The strangest thing is HOW I EVEN MANAGED to stumble onto that popular blog. I have never heard of it until I got 2 mentions of it a matter of a day apart. I was like "What? What blog? *shrugs* Never heard of it." Finally went to take a look and...yes, it's quite funny but i'll get my dosage of 'fucks' from 50 cents or Eminem, thank you.
Goodness gracious great balls of fire! Making a mountain out of a molehill is refreshing sometimes. Ok I am now tired. I need a coke.
No comments:
Post a Comment