Monday, August 23, 2004

Oh wow. It's going to be September in a matter of days. I recall being very optimistic very early in the year. "2004 is going to be great!" Yeah maybe.

Wow September soon. Wow wow wow. Christmas is coming.

Just read on the papers that the cast of Memoirs of the Geisha will be mainly made up of actresses from Mainland. This is very interesting...I might be able to see Zhang Ziyi as Sayuri but Michelle Yeoh as Mameha is pushing it a little too far isn't it? Mameha in my imagination is a beauty that far surpasses that of Ziyi or Michelle. Oh goodness, come on! How does a stunt woman pull of Mameha gracefully? She looks more haggard than my mum! Har har, yeah my mum will make a prettier Mameha. But I think the casting people got it right casting Watanabe Ken in it. *slobbers* My favourite Chairman. At least something to look forward to.

Still, I already feel it might be a less than average film. Like House of Flying Daggers. Lovely faces and lovely colours but no depth. Just one of those oriental films to wow the western audience.

August 23rd. Happy Birthday, Dad!


No comments: