Friday, July 09, 2004

Not to self:

1. Need to offer joss-sticks everyday.
2. Need to buy 4D next Tuesday.
3. Vacuum room everyday.

Since I spend so much time online, I must as well treat this as my schedule book.

Met up with Yoshie yesterday and we had xiao long baos again. Had a long 2 hours talk and she nearly flipped herself when she heard about the exorbitant rent prices I might have to pay. Then, she gave me the fantastic idea of looking for a place in Yokohama. I can't believe how it slipped my mind but that's what I am going to do. Sweet~ if I have a place between Yokohama and Tokyo, I have both places to explore!

In any case, food to eat in huge-assed quantities before leaving:
1. Dou hua (soya beancurd)
2. Sambal kangkong
3. KFC's Zinger
4. Yau zar kway (dough fritters)
5. Dim sum
6. Wanton mee
7. Roti prata
8. Peh dan chok (century egg porridge)
9. Xiao long bao
10. Hainan chicken rice

I think I shall miss dou hua and dim sum most. I still remember the time I was staring at dough fritters at Kobe's Chinatown: It was a freezing January afternoon and the second day of Chinese New Year. I wanted to have it so bad but it was several dollars for them! It was crazy, man, I'd rather wait half a year and eat them at the ok price of 40 cents. Singapore still rules as food haven OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

No comments: