It has been a month since the great earthquake in Eastern Japan and there are still tons of people yet to be found. When I watch NHK with Loverboy everyday, I see more and more Japanese in tears. Very heartwrenching stuff. This year didn't start too well I guess...but let's all pray that it will end and wrap up nicely with a pretty bow on top. And......maybe a new cat in my household. *wink*
On to more cheerful news, Loverboy's birthday is coming soon! In about 10 days' time, my lovely husband will be turning quite....mature. He knows what he wants for his birthday but it is quite impossible for me to get. He has been lemming for Baccarat's Talleyrand shotglass for the LONGEST time. The problem is, the design he wants is no longer manufactured in the desired size. Sometimes it is a bitch to buy presents for the Japanese; especially Japanese who are very particular about a particular hobby. Loverboy loves whisky - single malt whisky from Islay. That isn't difficult. The difficult part is procuring objects to maximize his whisky experience. Argh. I do wanna surprise him with the Talleyrand glass but they are already all in the hands of collectors. The only place I know that have those glasses are in Coffee Bar K at Mohamed Sultan Road...and the owner (I call him Mr. Lamborghini) pretty much wants to keep those. Bleh.

SO! I did a watercolor portrait of Loverboy! I am damn proud of myself because it has been ages since I last made anything with my hands. Unfortunately my mum called me a cheapskate for not spending more on his present. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But it is hard to buy presents for a man his age and pretty established. I can't afford an Aston Martin either so a watercolor painting is the next best thing. Check this out! (Eager to show off haha)


I absolutely love the picture I took of him when we were in Beijing in 2009. We were visiting th Forbidden City then and the red coloured walls were just gorgeous. They offered lovely colour contrasts in the background. So it was an easy decision. I knew I'd always wanted to do a portrait of Loverboy using that photograph as a guide. :)

Almost done. I left the eyes undone because I figured it will be the most challenging part. The sketch looks more like him than the finished painting *sadness*.

Tadaaaa!! The finished work. Ok, I know it looks kinda 'Mongolian-ish' but a brush isn't very fine. I found it very funny when my siblings and friends commented that it is a little too thin. It is not deliberate but I guess I 'accidentally' enhanced my darling lol.
I really hope he likes it!
2 comments:
GOOD JOB!
wanna be my assistant at work and help me do sketches? lol. my new job requires me to sometimes sketch artworks/mockups for my other designers to work on. And i'm so bad at sketching sometimes i wonder if my designers know what i'm drawing or not - and they're too nice to say anything. Hahaha.
Well done babe!
Post a Comment