Here's wishing everyone a great new 2011! May we all become better people and may there be more peace on Earth and less natural disasters. Please bring Michael Jackson back to life too. Le sigh.
2010 was good to me. It had plenty of highlights and I also got myself married to a sweet man. All's good. And very scarily, my first year anniversary is coming up end of the month. YES, time do fly. Loverboy and I are in a dilemma over which date to call our anniversary but we'd decided to settle on the date we got ourselves ROM-ed. In any case, being the nice human being that I am, if he forgets about the anniversary in January, I could give him a second chance to get a bigger present in May! Gosh, people do develop foresight as they grow older. Bahaha.
I'd been partying since Christmas Eve and I am DAMN BLOODY tired. Everyday I wake up cursing at my alarm clock. The 3 days leading to New Year's Eve is especially horrific. Even I find myself drinking more (but I am too glamorous to get myself drunk). Finally, the highlight of the week? BABIES!! Yes, you read it right!! B-A-B-I-E-S. I am a lucky girl because my friends all produce very lovely little human beings and I had been fainting from cuteness overload over the past 3 days.


Lovely little JJ who is 2 months' old and very chatty already.

Pretty little GG at 3.5months who is curious about every adult she sees.

1 year old Yuki who will break many girls' heart when he grows up.
Loverboy and I were dragging each other to his friend's place on the very first day of the new year. I was grumpy as hell from only 4 hours' of sleep. (WHO MAKES LUNCH DATES ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE NEW YEAR?!) Very fortunately, our day got very much better after we saw cute, little Yuki and the Japanese feast his friends prepared.
Loverboy: SUGEEEEEEE!! Oishiisou!!
Me: Waaaaaaahhh. (Chinese only go 'Waah')

OsechiLoverboy was almost moved to tears because he thought he wouldn't have a chance to eat this for years to come. It's almost like Chinese New Year without Loh Hei or the Mid Autumn Festival without mooncakes. Yum yum. Takeshi and his friends proceed to drink for the next 5 hours. We slept at 8.30pm that night; pure bliss with the rain beating down the windows. I think every new year should be like this. Good food, great company, some alcohol and tons of rain. Huat ar!

Confetti that blanketed Robertson Quay
This year, I hope to become a working 'twin engine'. Loverboy and I have found our dream home. It is unaffordable as of now but we shall work towards owning that lovely little abode in future...hopefully near!! I resolve to love Loverboy more and treasure all my family members and close friends. 2011 ni ganbai!!
No comments:
Post a Comment