
Life In Jakarta II
Time flies even when you don't do much. Argh.
Loverboy and I are kinda stuck in a limbo because I realize we usually discuss about the same few topics and then come to no conclusions. My main dilemma is myself: I want to work and if the planets also align, I might find myself furthering my studies too. On the other hand, I want to give Loverboy a cute, little baby because he is dying for one. Sometimes, I cannot help but laugh imagining myself handing him a cute, kicking baby and telling him to bugger off so I can finally concentrate on my goals. Now I understand what my friends mean when they say it is not advisable to plan for a baby, because ultimately you won't. Life do get in the way. "But I want to work" or "What happens if I do get into school?" or "But I want to learn diving and also go to Bhutan." Maybe I am just selfish. :(
Loverboy loves asking me about our next vacation plan. He really wants to bring my parents to Japan in April next year to see the sakura (cherry blossoms) and show them the real JAPAN HOUR. Unfortunately, everyone else is having babies and hampering my parents' plans to take Annual Leave. Argh. My mum works in a bank; is always complaining about her long hours and her spastic colleagues BUT deep down, I suspect she secretly enjoys the stress. So Loverboy now asks about the vacation he wants to take in August/September 2011. Does he not remember I was once a flight attendant? I am quite sick of flying long haul. Plus, it is not easy to find places left to explore untainted by KFC and Louis Vuitton (shakes fist at latter for opening a store in Mongolia). WTF.
Talking about travelling, Loverboy and I met one of his friends last weekend. She's a pretty Japanese lady about my age and she had just returned from a holiday in Bhutan. BHUTAN - THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH. She said Bhutan was amazing and a life-changing experience because the people are really happy there (when polled 98% said they are happy. The remaining 2% are placed there by God to make Life interesting). In addition, the happiness is CONTAGIOUS. Wow. Maybe Bhutan will be on my next vacation plan. I do know it is not easy getting to Bhutan because you need 1) quite a big travel budget and 2) be somewhat fit and finally 3) a detailed travel itinerary. The Bhutanese King is strict about the number and type of visitors he wants in his Kingdom so NO HIPPIES or BACKPACKERS. You wouldn't be able to stay in Four Seasons or Shangri-La hotels there but you will need to spend at least USD$200 each day to contribute to its economy. Modern vehicles are sparse in numbers so you have to walk alot but no worries, because there will be a guide with you ALL THE TIME (a human GPS also spying to make sure we don't taint the kingdom). Bhutan is a new democratic country and there is internet there. I thought it is quite unfortunate but I can't be selfish. So, I'd better visit it before it becomes too modern...although the Japanese lady did say the Bhutanese airport is one of the most dangerous in the world...Apparently the air traffic control tower is very primitive and the pilots land blind (ie. with naked eye). Small price to learn how to be happy...no?
On closer grounds, I went to get myself a Kerastase hair treatment in Grand Indonesia Mall 2 days ago. I walked into a hair salon with a apt Tai-tai name, 'Anna Wijaya'. The hair treatment was supposed to cost Rp.350,000 (SGD$50+) but I paid Rp.660,000 (SGD$100) which includes a bottle of hair serum and hidden costs. ARGH. One thing I learnt very quickly, the Indonesian taitais loved getting their hair and scalp assaulted in the salon. This is my 3rd trip to a local hair salon and it hurts everytime they shampoo/dye/blow my hair. The lady who was massaging my hair said I dropped insane amount of hair but that was because it hurts! I felt so bloody stupid and I quickly learn how to say 'pain' in Bahasa Indonesia. When it was all done, they assigned me a 'Top Stylist' to blow and style my hair. Halfway through the blowdry, I started to giggle very badly. The reflection staring back at me was a taitai with SUPER VOLUMINOUS HAIR. It was so funny I couldn't stop shaking my shoulders. The stylist was probably wondering what got into me. I think it is in every stylist's basic instinct in Jakarta to blow hair BIG. Soooooo funny. I felt very self-conscious when I walked out of the shop and the whole time I was thinking, 'Man, if Loverboy sees this I won't be getting any sex tonight".





Pardon the nasty quality of the pics, they are from my jurassic Nokia and hmmm...they don't look as bad on the pics but I would think, if you saw me in real life, you would point at me and snigger, 'Indonesian taitai'. It was funnier in the salon I think. You can't deny the volume though. Haha. And in one of the above pics, I showed you the top of my scalp. Do you think it looks like a bald patch? I am so damn worried because they pulled at my head so much! I haven't dropped any strands of hair since 2 days ago because I figured so much fell in the salon already. Haha! Maybe my scalp is still under shock.

I finally figured out how to send images from my phone to my Mac whoot! This is the view from our bedroom. Not too bad but I wish we weren't living on the 2nd floor. We had a termite infestation and it wasn't nice...but am happy to report they are under control. The other day, I caught a black dung beetle too! First in my life. I wonder how to hell it got into our room considering how our windows are usually closed.

View from the living-room. I catch the insects, Loverboy decorate the house. Towels, chocolate wrappers, dirty laundry are of course, left out of picture.
More pics next time :D
No comments:
Post a Comment