Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Somewhere Over The Rainbow Skies Are Blue~

I was so moved seeing 'Slumdog Millionaire' winning the Best Picture award at the Academy Awards. I really enjoyed the film. I don't think it is spectacular but it is undoubtedly a good film. Oddly, although I left the theatre thinking, "oh, not bad." I was moved to tears watching them go up the stage. Those blessed few to be picked to star in the film and millions other still stuck and languishing in the slums of Mumbai...I wish more people have better lives but reality isn't always fair and sweet I guess. Anyway I am sure Dav Patel will be swarmed with marriage proposals by now. That lucky dog.

I thought the ceremony was classy. I loved it when the past LEGENDARY winners came out in groups of 5s to introduce the current nominees. Pure sophistication. I was star-struck half the time. Wow! Sophia Loren! Wow Nicole Kidman standing next to Halle Berry and wow Robert DeNiro standing along Anthony Hopkins and Christopher Walken wow wow wow!

Now I can't wait until the next Academy Awards and find out which films are being honored and rewarded. So many talented people out there and fighting to tell their stories. Movies are still magical huh. I think the best acceptance speech was by the little French man who did tight-rope walking(?) for the documentary, 'Man On Wire'. He made a coin disappear in his hands and said something along the lines of "Movie magic". Nice!

I am sorry but I don't know who Mickey Rourke is and he sure channeled Patrick Tse last night. His 'lao beng' look was very hmmmm interesting.

Back to reality, Loverboy flew to KL earlier today. We had kopi at a cafe and he was strangely trying to bare his heart. I mean, he bares his heart time to time but we were in a public cafe and I was wolfing down my kaya toast unglamorously. Not a good time to bare hearts. For a moment I was worried he would mention......mmmmmm. Bangkok looms at the back of our heads and not exactly positively. Long distance always suck. I can't bear the thought of having this sweet man so far from me. :( On the bright side, there are tons of budget airlines. It would totally suck if he were posted to New York instead (too cold and too damn far) so Bangkok is always good. Better than Ho Chi Minh or Jakarta too. Still....bleh. I am such a whiner yeah? I mean, I guess Life is sweet and kind to me. As much as I hate having another long distance relationship, it is going to involve lots more adventures in future. Dates in Bangkok. Something different yeah? I've fulfilled my dream of walking down Ginza and tanning in Bali with him. How about eating green curries and walking along Patpong with him too? That could work ya.

Jack says Thai girls very sticky one. Singaporean girls cannot fight because Thai girls are so gentle. If Loverboy goes, sure become Golden Bachelor. Plus, they can put 'gong tao'. LOL

Wah lao thanks. So encouraging. Anyway I already told Loverboy that Thai girls like to cut off their guys' dicks when pissed so he is quite afraid of them. Also, you never know whether the girl you date is a guy in her 'past' life (hehehehe) so I feel kinda safe. Loverboy is damn easy to bluff (except in Jewellery shops. Shit.) Aiya Thai girls I not scared lah. The distance is the problem...also maybe mature, eligible bachelors from Asahi or Mitsui or Toyota Corporations. *swoon*

Oh well. Not gonna worry too much now. I think I need to buy more makeup to feel better tomorrow. Argggg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck! after almost 4 years of LDR i really feel like calling it quits till he proposed and we decided to live together by 2010-2011.

if he's the one he's the one. if he strays just cos of some thai girl then he ain't worth it.
(i'm kinda lucky cos my man dun like angmoh chicks hehe)

Mrs Hanashima said...

Wow congrats sia! I hope he got you a massive diamond ring.