I am finally back in Tokyo after about a 2 weeks hiatus? The weather is plain lovely but unfortunately I did not manage to enjoy the cherry trees. The green shoots are already appearing and it makes the trees look less fairytale-ish. I have to take more walks before the temperatures shoot.
I was in Kuala Lumpur over the Easter weekend to watch the F1 races. It was FANTASTIC! I thought I would be bored but I had so much fun. The company of males were laugh-out-loud silly while the other female was so lovely to get along with. I sure am looking forward to more of such trips! The cars were magnificent too; the sound of their engines music to my badly sunburnt ears. It would be great if Singapore finally holds one of these Grand Prixes. I mean, how many World Food Summit or Cultural Film Festivals do we need? These are pretty bullshit to me...if you wanna draw the crowds, you need events with more appeal and 'presence' (for lack of a better term). It's a huge pity I was only away for 2 days, I enjoyed myself so much. I'll try to include some pictures from the races next time.

Miss Snow White here also managed to get very awkwardly tanned. Well done, eh? Now I can't wear the pretty dress I bought for my cousin's wedding because of the triangular mark. Duh! I could have put on sunblock of course but I am ALLERGIC to them. But coming to think of it now, I'd rather have rashes a few days than awkwards tanned symbols for weeks/months.
Someone in the company was really looking forward to seeing Race Queens. Such shame...booth girls? Yep. Race Queens? Non-existent. He really should save up and catch races in Japan. THERE is where the mother of all race queens reside, man.
Talking about Japan again, I met a real gentleman last night. I am so so so impressed by his manners. Thinking back on it, it does make me weep when I wonder why I didn't deserve this earlier. Am either too hopelessly stupid or blinded by lust. *sigh* Still, happy thoughts, May! Next time around, I will open my eyes and try to see more clearly.
It's spring time. More sight-seeing, less moping.
2 comments:
I must be one of the very few people who LIKE tanlines... awkward or not. Hehe. Don't worry la..it goes away very quickly. I hope u managed to do some shopping in KL - i miss it there!
Oh, and where can i find a great Japanese language school who charges reasonable fees? i finally decided to take it up! :D
Hmmmm I heard the Hougang school charges the most reasonable fees but the teachers at the Bunka (Orchard Delphi) are really top notch. My siblings and cousin are studying Japanese there too, babe.
May
Post a Comment