Monday, March 26, 2007

Global Warming Scares....Just a Scam?



I came across the video above and I am fascinated. Now that I have 2 sides of an argument, which side would I lean to? Granted, I do not lean to any side but it's good stuff to ponder. Is what Al Gore preaching really just propaganda? A stroke of genius; an opportunity to stay in the limelight before the next Presidential election? I do like what he preached though...as a human being sharing the earth with so many other people, I do have a responsibility in protecting the environment and conserving resources. I don't need my children to perish in a sudden global explosion. But then again, Al Gore isn't a scientist.

The video above argues that human beings and their actions are too unimportant to affect global warming. As usualy, we have been thinking too highly of ourselves. It takes more than just CO2 to increase temperatures. That...we have been fed that ALL environmentalists/scientists have the same stand. Not true, there are experts who argue against it. Oh wow, I am actually pretty excited (I can be quite the geek. But right now, a mopey/emo/depressed geek.) That...most people prefer to support and believe Al Gore's take on Global Warming because he is Bush's enemy and hence, an enemy's enemy is a friend. (Yeah I am guilty of that.)

This reminds me...I read about 'Peak Oil' in a friend's journal (Very informative, Ricky!) and it was also fascinating. When I discussed it with another friend, he said it isn't true. That there are huuugggge untapped sources of oil in Alaska and beyond. "Says who?" I asked. So says his friend who works for some major oil conglomerate. Please...how could Iraq run out of oil? Besides, right now it is just a major hassle to harvest the oil in the unfriendly terrain or Alaska and beyyooond. No worries.

But crude oil is finite isn't it? How much more could there be? And then, there is China and India; 2.4 billion people added together. There are a billion of poor folks out there and if they manage to get rich, they WILL buy cars (and many nice gadgets that consume more energy). The hell with the environment. They have been poor their entire lives and if they can afford it, damn well they will display the wealth.

Free will, people. What is your take?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you liked that one, I have some Holocaust-denial videos you might like. Interestingly, in most Wikipedia pages, there is some "criticism" or "opposing views" section, but in the global warming page, there isn't one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Warming

At any rate, I'm glad you liked my peak oil posts. I'm surprised anybody read them. I don't feel down that most people don't believe in Peak Oil. Laughing at the stupidity of others will be my comfort when I'm without electricity for the 6th month in a row.

Regarding your more recent post in Japanese...there will be ups and downs...but there will also be more ups next month than this month, and even more the month after that.

Unknown said...

I found this site recently. It's really an eye-opener!

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11211.0