Over-enthusiastic Staff Gives RocketJim Da Shivers
Today I was bitchslapped again. As usual, when you are trying your darndest to save money for marriage (just kidding), your money just disappears. Poof!! I bought 2 tops today and although there is now a little hole in my purple Mont Blanc wallet, I am one happy woman. I've got new clothes for Chinese New Year and dates in Spring. Haha! Still, what a waste...my bank account was still looking fab a few days back.
SO, as it ALWAYS happens, when you aren't looking for clothes to buy...the clothes find you (kinda like the Steves and Stevens of the world). I wandered into this shop at Wisma Atria and was greeted by a friendly staff. +10 points. I was browsing the clothes and a couple of minutes later, I selected one. The friendly staff knew I was looking for a dress so she decided she wanted to help.
Staff: Dear, how about this?
I was mildly shocked and pretended I didn't hear it.
When I was in the fitting room wrestling with the clothes, the friendly staff called me 'dear' a few more times. Waaaa buay tahan. Do you need to use such a term of endearment so liberally? I know she was trying to help and I applaud her enthusiasm but too much is TOO MUCH. Everytime I was in my bra, she would shove her hand in and recommend another top or dress for 'dear'.
Staff: Dear, do you wanna try this? It will look nice on you.
Me: No, thank you. *hello? This is the 4th time you been trying to peep at my bra!*
She recommended about $300 worthed of clothings but I only spent $36. I felt sooooo bad but I just had to get out before she called me 'dear' for the 20th time. It's just wrong. Sighhhhh so sad lah. Why isn't it the Shogun who made me shiver? It's just one random sales assistant at a random store that burnt a random hole in my fab wallet.
It's so creepy the more I think about it. I am a consumer! I rule, dammit. I am Queen Bee! Call me 'Madam' or 'Miss', not 'dear'. Sooooooo wrong.
4 comments:
I promise I won't stare at your chest when I'm calling you DEAR. Permission granted??
oh...ahahahhahahha. Sorry. Couldn't stop laughing.
-lepra
aiyo $36 wont make u go broke.. rich mama. show me yr new top during cny!
mindy
haiyaaa my entry was about a part of the day. I spent about $200 that day! I had a haircut at shunji matuso, I took a cab, i bought 2 tops etc.
My warret....
Post a Comment