Sunday, October 22, 2006

What's Your Karma Bank Like?

I now totally believe that there IS a silver lining behind every dark cloud. If Life slams a door in your face, there will be a window still opened somewhere. (Or so, I heard) So people, seriously, have some faith.

I was feeling pretty down a couple of days back and then very suddenly I got a call from a friend I thought I lost. I am amazed she walked right back into my Life and then my troubles just melted away. I thought, "Hell, I ain't gonna care anymore, afterall my little pixie is back! Yay!" and then she started babbling (like good old times) stuff which later I realized, were advice I was looking for (surreal!~). Damn, I missed her so much. Now, I do wonder if it's some major cosmic coincidence...?

That night, I also finally realized I am too nice. I do have a problem saying 'no' because I don't like to inconvenience people. In the end, I am the one to suffer because I can't speak up for myself. But I don't know how to be more firm to reject people. Arg, I need help! That's why I am bullied at work sometimes and I know it won't stop unless I am less nice. I really should just stop tolerating but then again, I never mind getting extra work because it's more tedious to pretend to look busy. Ok, see what I mean? I am hopeless.

And you know what? I am not proud of my job, I am ALWAYS embarrassed to tell people I fly. Most of the time, I mumble that I am a cabin crew because weird as it is, it doesn't sound as bad as saying 'stewardess'. I hate it when I apply for cards, membership things or do surveys, I HAVE TO HAVVVEEEE to fill in my occupation. Argh so I lie and say I am a student. AND wow, don't even get me started about the men who try to get to know me through work...that is one huge issue. I am paranoid because I don't know if they really want to get to know me or just want to try to date a stewardess and boast to their friends come Monday morning. I am sure they meant no harm, they just want that ONE date but it hurts me when at the end of the day, I realize they just want the same thing. *sigh* Dating a stewardess is no different from dating a supermarket cashier. What's so great about one??? We are human beings too. I really hate this stereotype that comes with my job.

Anyway, the point is, I am hurt. Please keep the insincere men and sleazebags away from me!

On a lighter note, I met up with my boyfriend in Hokkaido. He's the master of MY Universe. Tall, brooding and charismatic. So my kinda guy. *heart beats wildly* Wimps and peons need not apply! RocketJim dates only the BOSS.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Har har. Mr Power indeed.

2 comments:

J said...

I never used to tell strangers that I was a crew... just said I was in customer service, and if they keep asking, I just say I work at the airport, shift work=)

Macca Mania said...

I love Darth Vader too. He is also my boyfriend. Hugs. Hee.