One hot Tokyo's summer night, RocketJim couldn't get to sleep. So what now? Her mind wanders and meanders, finally settling on a disturbing image (or rather, sound): hundereds of passengers crowding around the baggage belt and suddenly, a shrill female voice broke the peace "Dear! DEARRRRR!!! Your luggage! Quick! Quick!'
I have decided. I officially dislike spoken terms of endearment...unless they sound neutral, or are not overly sweet or are pretty funny. I am not jealous. It's an established fact I am weird so this is new insight. Pretty interesting huh? I still can't help shuddering everytime I hear my friends calling their bfs/gfs 'dear' or 'darling'. 'Dear' is too annoyingly sweet and to tell you frankly, so far people who use it on me have used it rather condescendingly. Like "My dear, not everyone is as free as youuuu." As for 'darling', well it sounds kinda hoity toity and...gay. It's a word that I think sounds most natural when Kumar or rich, evil women with huge hair use it. BUT in Life, there are always exceptions. Like how Sanada can call me 'dear' or 'darling' anytime.
Interestingly, I am perfectly fine with 'sweetie' or 'honey bunny' or 'baby'. Calling someone or being called 'honey bunny' gives me huge thrills because it is so corny it's actually funny (to me at least). But at the end of the day, I still prefer calling my favorite males by their names unless the poor dude is called Ah Huat or Boon Kok and the likes. In that case, I will most definitely call him 'sweetie'. Not all names are created equal...some don't do it for me aloud you know?
If you want to score points, just call me 'Princess'. That's still one of my mostest favourite terms of endearment. =D
1 comment:
Babe! since you mentioned that....you can call me your "highness" to score points in my good book...kekekkeke
Post a Comment