Tuesday Randomness
Have you ever laughed and cried at the same time? Strange isn't it? What were the occasions when those happened? I am not talking about times you watched a Stephen Chow comedy so good you laughed until you cried. I meant something that made you so happy yet melancholic at the same time. One of my most vivid memories of such a curious incident was when one of my buddies passed her 'A' Levels Geography paper. She was so looking to fail and when she opened the result slip and realised she passed with a decent grade, she broke down. Silly me started tearing too because the joy on her face was so...pure. Her 2 years of hard work have finally paid off.
It's really strange when you feel 2 emotions so strongly at the same time. Which do you display first when they are trying to overpower each other? Do you end up happier? Sillier? Or more depressed? Personally, I think it's better to laugh first because this is normal. If your laughter follows your tears, chances are you have already snapped. In hokkien, we say 'ki xiao'. Haha.
Just now, I read something really hilarious and that made me laugh very very hard. Then I started crying because I realized I could never have it. Finally it got progressively worst because I pitied myself crying so sadly for it so I laughed. Ouch...
No comments:
Post a Comment