Tuesday, March 22, 2005

*gasp* Good-looking people DO have it better. Duh, we all already know this but it had to be cemented onto my head again by yet another Hollywood movie. I watched Underworld this afternoon and did it bore the hell out of me. It was so dark I couldn't even see clearly (don't even get me started on Blade Runner) and half the time, I couldn't tell one army fighting from the other. Thank goodness for the forward function. Seriously, this movie is flawed: A femme (Kate Beckinsdale) killed the Most Powerful Vampire In The Universe to protect a cute human, Scott Speedman. If he looked like Danny DeVito, I don't think she would actually care if the Most Powerful Vampire In The World killed her parents and lied to her. Maybe I am just warped but I don't see much of a storyline although the DVD came with a brief introduction. I vehemently believe that she preferred to betray her clan. For those who hasn't watched it, it's basically about a fight between Vampires and Lycans (werewolves). Tsk tsk, they could have just said werewolves. This is akin to being called Estate Maintenance Executive when one is really a Janitor. Heh. I also got a shock when I realised the actor who played The Most Powerful Vampire In The World is Bill Nighon, the funniest actor in the movie, Love Actually. (The fella who sang "Christmas Is All Around" and prances with Santa bunnies.) Somehow, it took away most of the sombreness of the vampire movie...anyway although Kate has a lovely face, I have seen actresses in better leather/latex suits.



Although it isn't as bad as all movies with Faye Wong or Mad Max, I think it might be better to give Underworld a miss. Audrey further insulted it by falling asleep. Yay!

When I was returning movies at the video-store earlier, there was a male customer who kept looking at me and I was beginning to feel defensive. I quickly paid and left and sure enough he ran after me and pulled the lamest line all women-kind could hear, "Sorry to scare you, but you do look very familiar...were you from...?"

Man: Were you from...?
RJ: No.
Man: Really, you must be from?
RJ: No.
Man: Cuz you look really familiar.
RJ: No. Don't think so, nope.

Yay! Banzai, he buggered off. NO MEN SHOULD PULL THIS CHEESY LINE. Which comes back to square one...if you are very cute, chances are you get the girl easier. Perhaps with her volunteering a number. If you look more like you belong to Geylang, sorry. Hey, c'est la vie. Which reminds me of this sleazebag who came to me and said, "Xiao jie, ke yi zuo zuo peng you ma?" (Mam, can we be friends?) I never ran down the stairs faster in my life. Arg...do I have a sleazebag radar or something!? (T_T)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

U look like ah lian ma....

lepra

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I'm sure that some girls get suckered in by that easy trick. And I do mean easy...

Step 1) Go to Punggol.
Step 2) Find a pretty girl in Punggol.
Step 3) Say "Didn't you go to Punggol secondary?"
Try 3 times, it should work at least once. If not, poceed to Ang Mo Kio and try the method again. Hehe.

-'ction

Anonymous said...

I concur with lepra. Very chio ah lian. LOL

junny

Anonymous said...

Ah Lian??.. again??... I don't get it...

On a sidenote, I liked Underworld... mmmm.... Kate Beckinsdale... mmmmm... pretty vampire... sexy vampire... ^_^