Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Ah ok, an update.

Mmmmm...besides the nasty rant, I am doing alright. I can't say my work is stressful but it's strangely tiring. After the stint, it's imperative to sleep more than 12 hours during my rest days to recover. I thought it would be a thankless job but I have made many friends from different walks of life and of different ages. Can't help but smile when I think about that. (Sanada lookalike next to me!! Ho ho) I don't mind the meagre pay just cuz I ain't ambitious. Yeah, I am still broke as hell but I'm doing alright. Thank goodness I have been taught the virtue of saving since young.

The company I am working for decided to entice shoppers to buy impulsively by giving a free fan with a minimum $200 purchase. It worked great because the sales did soar after this promotion. Since I worked at the main counter, I attended to all sorts of customers; it was amazing...really interesting to see the many ugly sides of human behaviour. As a limited number of fans (50 to be exact) are given out each day, only the early birds go home with the bargain. The 51st customers usually kick a BIGASSED fuss. Come on! It's only a $30 fan! Freaking cheapskates. They spent a couple of thousands on furniture and then wail over a $30 free fan?! Huh. As the stocks were very limited, the management decided to limit one fan per household. Household? That's cuz some people went home with 3 fans because they decided to split their receipts and invite their uncles, aunties, grandmothers and long-distant cousins to collect the free fan on their behalf. A fella went as far to deny the lady standing next to him was his wife so he can bring home 2 fans (each had a receipt). Bloody hell. Really A FRIGGIN CHEAPSKATE!!!! It's really really really amazing how people did all sorts of strange things to get a cheap fan. To deny your familial connections to collect a fan!! Oh my god!!! My God!! Jesus died for these people?! Buddha starved under the Bodhi tree for these?! I am appalled. One fan. 10 customers. 100 ugly sides. The Cheapskate. Coming to a theatre near you.

I'm still trying to pick my jaw up.

Am desperate to meet friends and go for a comfort meal. Has been a long time since I last faced friends and not colleagues. Missed some people very much.

Oh and finally, a really funny thing I heard from my colleague at the tuition centre:

Woman: Is your boss around?
Secretary: No, he isn't.
Woman: When would your boss be back?
Secretary: He is in US. Shall be back today later.
Woman: US?! How could it be?! I only saw him yesterday! It's not possible, what is he doing there? When will he be back?
Secretary: He shall be back later today around 4pm.
Woman: ???? How could it be? So fast?
Secretary: Yah ~ United Square only mah. * United Square: A shopping mall in Singapore.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can't help but laugh when I heard that.

My 9 years old student told me sometime ago told me his uncle would be making a trip to the US of A. Thing is, he shall leave on a Monday and come back on the Wednesday in the same week. *laughs* I shall ask him again when I next see him. Wonder what his uncle is up to. Haha!

No comments: